You can find geriatric care and services at many of Dartmouth Health’s member locations and in our communities. For more information about these services, please directly contact the departments and services listed below.
Geriatric care at Dartmouth Health
Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital
- Our Geriatrics department is dedicated to providing quality medical care to aging adults. We provide patient- and family-centered care that focuses on the well-being of the aging adult. We can help you develop a comprehensive healthcare plan with an emphasis placed on wellness, preventive medicine, and continuity of care.
- Geriatric Emergency Services has earned Geriatric Accreditation from the American College of Emergency Physicians. We have the expertise, equipment, and team in place to provide optimal care to older patients.
Cheshire Medical Center
- Our Geriatrics department provides care that looks at the whole person. Our team is trained to examine the many aspects of health and wellness as they relate to aging in order to prevent and treat disease and disability.
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) and Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics
- The Aging Resource Center provides older adults, families, and community members with information, education, and support to help them live healthier and more informed lives.
- The Geriatric Emergency Department (GED) provides emergency and trauma care for older patients. DHMC’s Emergency Department has earned Level 1 accreditation from the American College of Emergency Physicians, making the medical center the only rural academic center in the United States to earn this distinction.
- Geriatric Psychiatry provides mental health support for older adults. Our geriatric psychiatrists conduct comprehensive outpatient evaluations and offer inpatient consultations and a memory disorders clinic. These services are designed to identify psychiatric illnesses across the spectrum, from mild to severe.
- Honoring Care Decisions promotes and improves advance care planning at DHMC, Dartmouth Hitchcock Clinics, and in our communities. We support individuals and families to have meaningful conversations about what matters most in life at a time when patients are unable to speak for themselves.
- Primary Care offers accessible, comprehensive, and compassionate care for individuals and their families, with an emphasis on the whole person and the role of the family in health and illness. Our Family Medicine and Internal Medicine teams include providers who focus on the care of older adults.
Mt. Ascutney Hospital and Health Center
- Our Emergency Medicine Department provides emergency and trauma care for older patients. As part of the Dartmouth Health GED model, Mt. Ascutney's Geriatric Emergency Medicine program has received Level 2 accreditation from the American College of Emergency Physicians.
Community elder care resources from our members
- New London Hospital provides information and resources for older adults, families, and community members.
- Visiting Nurse and Hospice for Vermont and New Hampshire (VNH) is home to the foremost team of home health experts for communities in Vermont and New Hampshire. In more than 140 towns, we deliver excellence in nursing, rehabilitation, hospice, and personal care services with proven effectiveness, integrity, and compassion.
It’s a wonderful group of people to be part of. I walk into that room and these are my partners. These are my people. This is where I belong.Aging Resource Center program participant