Working Toward Health Equity for the LGBTQ+ Community: September 18
When: Monday, September 18, 2023, 3:30 to 6:30 pm
Where: Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Auditorium E
The event features:
- A discussion about obstacles to health equity faced by the LGBTQ+ community and the way forward, featuring a panel conversation moderated by Murphy Barney from StoryCorps.
- The 37th Annual Schumann Lecture for Healthful Living, presented by Perry Cohen, MEd, Founder Venture Out Project "Queering the outdoors: A Journey up my own personal mountain"
Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity Fall Gathering: Learning and Acting Together in our Communities
When: Monday, October 30, 2023, 8:30 am to 1 pm
Where: Lake Morey Resort, Fairlee, Vermont
Keynote address by Dr. Yvonne Goldsberry, MPH, PhD
President, The Endowment for Health
The Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity Fall Gathering will create a space for members from community services, health care delivery, research, and education to bring about transformational change by working together to eliminate unfair conditions and helping people in our rural New England communities to be as healthy as possible.
Participants will enhance their understanding of health equity challenges and solutions in our region, network with likeminded people, and come away better equipped to engage in partnerships for health equity in our communities.
Registration is free, but space is limited. Register today!
The First Gathering of the Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity
Working Together to Improve Health for Rural New England Communities, November 7, 2022
The Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity held its first gathering on an unseasonably warm day on November 7, 2022 at Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, Vermont. Approximately 150 people came together to learn from one another about health disparities in our region and to participate in meaningful dialogue about how to advance health equity in our communities through partnership and collective action.
Across various breakout sessions focused on health challenges, skill building, and partnership, several key themes emerged throughout the day.
- Summary of key themes from the event (PDF)
- Summary of key themes from the Open Space Idea Generation session (PDF)
- Event program (PDF)
- Speaker bios (PDF)
- Resources shared:
Rural health equity news
- Dartmouth Health launching a new Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity (NBC5)
- Dartmouth Health launches Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity (Nashua Telegraph)
- Dartmouth Health’s new Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity launches Nov. 7 with public event (InDepthNH.org)
- Symposium explores rural health care (Valley News)
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital, and Visiting Nurse and Hospice for VT and NH and partners release the 2022 Community Health Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Dartmouth Health partners with other Upper Valley Employers to Develop Workforce Housing Fund (Valley News)
- Center for Advancing Rural Health Equity co-sponsors free public lecture on climate change & health equity (Dartmouth Health)
- Shaheen Announces Federal Funding for Key NH Projects and Priorities, including $448,000 for Dartmouth Health to establish a center to address persistent health disparities in rural communities (Jeanne Shaheen website)
- Federal funds support pilot project to train rural emergency medical providers to deliver babies (Concord Monitor)
- Federal Grant to Fund Program for New Hampshire Behavioral Health Workforce Training, Improving Access in Rural Communities (Dartmouth Health)
- Dartmouth Health Removes Citizenship Question from Patient Registration Forms (Dartmouth Health)